Frequently Asked Questions About Tax Services

  • VJP Tax & Financial Services

Categories: Accounting Services Bookkeeping Services Tax Services


Taxation is a complex process. The forms used when filing returns are very complicated. These forms have several fields which must be filled in, and one must also understand the nomenclature used. Any mistake made when filing the returns can make the entire process go awry.

At VjP Tax & Financial Services, we understand that taxes can be complex and overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to provide you with the information you need to navigate the world of taxes with confidence. This blog post will address some common questions and issues related to tax services. Whether you’re looking to claim your child as a dependent, change your address, amend your tax return, or correct agency errors, we’ve got you covered.

1. How can I claim my child as a dependent?

To claim your child as your dependent, they must meet either the qualifying child test or the qualifying relative test. If your child meets the qualifying child test, they must be younger than you and either younger than nineteen years old or a “student” younger than twenty-four years old as of the end of the calendar year. There is no age limit if your child is “permanently and totally disabled” or meets the qualifying relative test. Additionally, you can only claim a person as a dependent if the following three tests are met: the dependent taxpayer test, the citizen or resident test, and the joint return test.

2. How can I inform you about a change in my address?

We provide several methods for you to inform us about a change in your address. You can easily update your address by contacting our office directly. We are here to assist you and ensure that your information is up to date, allowing us to continue providing you with exceptional tax services. Stay connected with us, and we will guide you through the process of updating your address hassle-free.

3. Can I amend my tax return electronically?

Yes, you can file Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, electronically with tax filing software to amend the tax year 2019 or later Forms 1040 and 1040-SR, as well as the tax year 2021 or later Forms 1040-NR. This streamlined electronic process provides convenience and efficiency for amending your tax return. However, if you prefer to submit a paper version of Form 1040-X, you still have that option. Simply follow the instructions for preparing and submitting the paper form.

4. What should I do if there are agency errors on my tax return?

If you believe there are agency errors on your tax return, it’s crucial to address them promptly. Contact an IRS customer service representative at 800-829-1040 to correct any errors. Please note that this may result in you receiving a paper check rather than an electronic refund. Our team is available to guide you through this process and ensure that any agency errors are rectified in a timely manner.

Being well-versed in common questions and issues related to tax services can help you navigate the tax landscape more confidently. At VjP Tax & Financial Services, our team of tax professionals is dedicated to providing you with exceptional service and expertise. We are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you achieve your financial goals.

Get in touch with us today!

To learn more about the services we offer, please click here. To get in touch with us, please click here or give us a call at (562) 249-8046.